Monday, June 21, 2010

2 Cute RubberStamps Monday

I can't believe that it's been so long since my last post. Even though I've posted on other blogs, I have to remember to update my own...

Since Father's Day was yesterday, I was inspired to do a masculine themed card.
This cutie is from the company 2 Cute RubberStamps. I actually tried a new techniques, at least new for me, coloring with my Distress Inks. I've come across various blogs where the stampers have colored in their images with Distress Inks and the results were amazing. This first try came out ok, but some experimentation is still needed. Next time I'm going to try stamping onto watercolor paper and see what happens.
For added interest I went around the flowers with a gold pen...

...then I used the AirBrush System from Copic on the tag. I cut the tag out using a Shapeability from Spellbinders, then before I popped the tag out, I used the AirBrush on it...

I hope you enjoy the card and have a great Monday - Jodie

No comments: