Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What I've Been Working On Lately...

Lately I've been trying to get samples done for the shop and am loving this new line of stamps, Pink Cat Studio. Now just because they are a Canadian company, that doesn't mean that I'm giving them preferential treatment...
The images are clear and crisp, making coloring them in a breeze. They work wonderfully with the Copic Markers, which are selling like hotcakes by the way!
Now the Pink Cat Studio stamps are unmounted, but lately that also seems to be the craze. With owning so many stamps, and space at a premium, it just makes sense to buy unmounted. With so many available mounting systems out there, using these types of stamps is getting easier and easier!


Now, you can use the Copic Ciao markers with other stamp lines than Pink Cat Studio. Here is a sample using Penny Black stamps. Again, just because I have bunnies, doesn't mean I'm showing favoritism...OK maybe a little, but these stamps are just so darn cute, how could you not love them! But wait, I'm not done yet....



This cute dude, Max, from Sparkle & Sprinkle is so cool. I used Copic markers, Glossy Accents, plus the texture embossing plates from Cuttlebug. Now I actually haven't been using them in the Cuttlebug, but in my Wizard.
Now the Wizard may take a bit of time to practice using,
but I still feel that this is the superior and most versatile tool for doing die cuts out on the market. The nice thing about it is that you aren't limited to one die company, the Wizard will work with Sizzix, Sizzlets, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, brass templates, plus Spellbinders have their own amazing line of dies!




Finally I usually end my post with a statement that makes one go HHHMMM, well this time I'm going to end with a wonderful quote from Pierre Elliot Trudeau, one of Canada's greatest Prime Ministers, if not the greatest...

"We wish nothing more, but we will accept nothing less. Masters in our own house we must be, but our house is the whole of Canada."

5 comments:

Van said...

I like the things that you have been working on. Is there anyway that you can put the direction on how you did them on your site? Something like projects of the month. Which tells how and what is needed to make each project. Thanks
Van

Erin said...

cute stuff!

That Pink Cat line is adorable, whoever told you about them is the coolest.

Melissa said...

I love your Life's a Beach card! The colours look fabulous, great job!

Karen said...

Okay guys never been on a blogger so hope I am doing this right. I may sometimes be a blob but never a blogger! So I hope to get promoted.
Anyways I liked the frog as it reminded me of myself after a few of my sangria's or a few glasses of my wine.
I am not a margarita gal so guess the frog wouldn't sit to well in a wine glass uh? I was trying to visualize it can you? Ha!ha!
Well Jodie as usual you have done a great job. Loved it!!!
Karen

Debbie said...

Hi Jodie!
Some cool stuff! Love the bunny!
Hope you are feelin fine!
Looking forward to my class coming up!
It is great to be patriotic as you are!
( but we are invading Canada tomorrow sorry) hahaha!
Love Debbie