Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Glad to be Back - & Mojo 133

Well, it has been a rough number of weeks. Thank you to everyone for all your words of wisdom and condolances. It has meant more to me than you'll ever know.
Scrap N Stamp had been such a HUGE part of my life for the past 6 years, that it was hard to face the truth that I would no longer be going to my second home, any longer. It was so tough in fact that I had even lost my will to craft!
But I'm working part time at Hobby Lobby and am finding my way trying to balance out work, family and my passion, crafting. I am glad for all those who have chosen to stick with me, I promise we will enjoy our crafting adventure together, discovering great techniques and inspirations along the way, so with no further ado...my first card, created in my new craft room.

You may recongnize the style of this image, it's from Pink Cat Studio, their digital store. I've been a fan of their stamp line for a number of years now ( and the fact that they are Canadian has in no way influenced my opinion!). I have a few of their stamp lines and was thrilled to see them come out with wonderful digital stamps, or "digis" and they are called.

To color in the image I used a combination of my Ciao and Sketch Copic markers B32,G07,R37,RV06,RV14,Y17,YG23 and YR16. Then, of course, to add depth I used some puzzle pieces and for some final pizazz, I added a touch of glitter. The small circular metal pieces, were cut out from the Spellbinders Impressabilities. I have found these to be more useful as embellishments than as actual embossing templates.
Hope you enjoy and the card have a wonderful evening!

4 comments:

bossanova said...

the card is so cute!!! I like it very much!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Super cute! I love the cupcake and the little chicks. GREAT job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Adorable! I just love all the dimension. Thanks for playing Mojo! :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

I'm so glad you are moving on and getting your craft mojo back. Sometimes real life takes a tole on our creative side. Hang in there chick!

Another cute birthday card! I've been looking for more birthday images. Thanks for the inspiration!