Friday, April 16, 2010

The Sad News...

As I'm sure many of you have heard by now, the Crop Shoppe has announced that they are closing their doors. Having been a business owner, I'm sure that this decision was not an easy one for Courtney.
This economy has hit small businesses hard, making it almost impossible for them to keep their doors open. I cannot stress enough how important it is for Jacksonville, as a community, to support our local scrapbook and rubberstamp stores.
Don't get me wrong, the larger chain stores do have their place and serve a purpose, but if you want outstanding customer service, all the latest products in this industry and knowledgeable staff, the small "mom & pop" stores are second to none.
Think about it this way, when you walk into a local, privately owned store, you can rest assured that the staff working are there knowledgeable about ALL their products. Ask any questions and you will get an answer. How many times have you walked into a big box store, not been able to find anyone to help you and on the off chance you do find someone, they have no idea what you are talking about or how to help you?
The Crop Shoppe will be missed...

1 comment:

2KutiesGrandma said...

I am new to the Jacksonville area and would like to support local scrapbook/stamping stores. Can someone give me some idea of what local stores there are in the area? (I am in Fernandina Beach - but am willing to travel into Jax/Orange Park/etc to do my shopping.)